Mobile Information Station
The Mobile Information Station program takes VPAS on the road to Millboro, Rockbridge Baths, Kerrs Creek, Glasgow and Lexington on a monthly basis.
VPAS’ outreach staff are available to answer your questions about programs, help you find out if you qualify, and help you apply.
We offer assistance with a variety of programs, including…
– SNAP and other Nutrition Programs
– Transportation Services
– Heating and Cooling Assistance
– Medicare Prescription Drug Plans
Mobile Information Station Schedule
Monthly Buena Vista, Lexington, Rockbridge County, and Bath County MIS schedule beginning January 2014
– 3rd & 4th Tuesdays, 10:00 a.m. to noon, Community Share Food Project, Buena Vista
-3rd Wednesday, 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Bethesda Presbyterian Church, Rockbridge Baths
– Every Wednesday, 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Lexington Food Pantry, Lexington
– 3rd Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to noon, Glasgow/Natural Bridge Food Pantry, Glasgow
– 4th Thursday, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Rockbridge Regional Library, Lexington
– Also, look for us on Tuesdays June 10, August 12, October 14, & December 9, 2014 at BARC Electric in Millboro from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
*The MIS is currently available by appointment only at Kerrs Creek Fire Dept. in Lexington and Glasgow Public Library in Glasgow
Monthly Staunton, Augusta County, Waynesboro and Harrisonburg, Rockingham County MIS schedule beginning January 2014
– 1st Tuesday, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Grottoes United Methodist Church
– 2nd Tuesday, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Craigsville Community Center (the May visit has been changed to Monday, May 12)
– 1st Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Verona Food Pantry
– 3rd Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Bergton Community Recreation Center
– 4th Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Middlebrook Station Library (the May visit has been changed to Wednesday, May 21)
– Also look for us on April 30, July 30 and October 29, 2014 at the Deerfield Community Center/Library from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Look for a Mobile Information Station near you!
Mobile Information Station outreach staff will provide information and application assistance for a variety of programs and services, including …
– Nutrition programs
– Heating & cooling assistance
– Medicare Prescription Drug Plans
Staff members will answer questions about programs and help you find out if you qualify. Referrals to other local organizations for services will also be offered.
Individuals who want to apply for benefit programs should bring their Social Security number, Medicare and any other health insurance cards, recent bank statements, and should know the monthly income for each member of their household.
VPAS on the road
Mobile Information Station takes service to Rockbridge communities
Sharon Byram had just retired, and like a lot of new retirees she had questions about Medicare.
Byram found out a Valley Program for Aging Services program that could help, but driving across Rockbridge County from her home in Goshen to the VPAS office in Buena Vista is quite a commitment.
Then she saw a flyer that said VPAS was going to be at the BARC office in Millboro a few miles away.
“They come the first Tuesday of every month. That’s real convenient. I can call and make my appointment if I need to see them, and I can see them right there in Millboro. That saves me a lot,” said Byram, who got help figuring out her Medicare situation through the VPAS Mobile Information Station program.
Learn more about the Mobile Information Station in your community.
Debbie Branham, Outreach Coordinator
Areas Served: Buena Vista, Lexington, Rockbridge County, and Bath County
Toll-free: 1-800 868-8727